Up at 6:45 am. The kids have slept through the alarm, the dog is almost out of food but we are definitely out of coffee and my daughter’s favorite shirt is still in the wash while my sons baseball socks are still somewhere in his room waiting to be found. My husband isn’t much help because he works late nights and I happen to be a short order cook for the entire household.
Eggs scrambled for the princess, sunny side up for the prince, two scoops of kibbles for the beasts and since we ran out of eggs, the leftovers both didn’t want… for me – gross. I rush to the car to warm it up and the fuel light chimes on with a 30 mile warning.
Starbucks out of the question? Never! But I will probably be late to work.
Being a mom can be daunting, if you are smiling this must sound familiar. And if by some miracle you made it to the end of the day, you are doing better than most!
So you get home after a long day of work… and the house is a mess. That should be the last of your worries. So what now? Isn’t it enough that you have to put in a 12 hour day only to come home to a dirty house? But what if you didn’t?
More and more people in Austin, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Leander, Steiner Ranch and Lake Way are finding a cleaner more pleasant alternative. The best maid service in Austin is closer than you think. In fact, it may cost you less than the date night you totally deserve but are too tired to enjoy. At least if you have your house cleaned while you are at work once the kids go to bed you can enjoy that glass of wine instead than ponder putting off another chore for the following day.
The benefits are summed up in the time we get to spend with the ones we love instead than worrying about the upkeep of a house. So for those looking for the best house cleaning service in Austin we have a few tips!
1) Find a cleaning service that offers green cleaning.
– If you are careful with what you put in you body and make sure you are only eating organic non-GMO food, green cleaning may be an awesome alternative for the health conscious family. Essentially, chemicals can be substituted for natural solvents that clean just as well. So instead than coming home to the scent of bleach of fabuloso you can opt to take a more green approach… So for the best green cleaning in Austin, look no further and feel free to inquire.
2) How much should you be paying?
– A questions that is asked a lot is always about price. How much can one expect to pay when they are looking for the best maid service in Austin but don’t want to break the bank? The bad news is that prices vary a little. It’s much like getting braces. There isn’t a set price for braces and no two sets of teeth are the same. However, our estimates are generally pretty safe assuming the house only needs moderate attention and TLC.
For us, most estimates can be done over the phone and vary depending on the size of the house (square footage), how many rooms are in use (since some rooms are guest bedrooms), how often you plan to have your house cleaned (the more frequently you clean your house, the lower the price per cleaning) and of course if you have any special requests such as cleaning the fridge every month or the oven on request. A good cleaning service will be registered with the B.B.B. should have insurance and be bonded in case of any accidents that may happen.
Owner operator cleaning services can be less expensive but are often not insured or bonded and can be less reliable since an illness, vacation or a broken down car can get in the way of cleaning before an important event, dinner hosting or simply a scheduled cleaning for the customer. Larger companies can typically find a cleaning technician to substitute in on an emergency and typically have insurance and a bonded policy to back up the name of the LLC.
3) Who will be cleaning my house?
– Most companies will try to send out the same person for a house cleaning. In fact, I would be weary of any cleaning company that routinely shuffles around cleaning technicians. Personal Castles will meet with the owner of the house, introduce the cleaning technician that will consistently be your maid and go room to room explaining exactly how it is you want your house cleaned. That way there is no ambiguity as to how you want your house cleaned. Most of the cleaning technicians have been with Personal Castles for more than 5 years and are part of our extended family. So, whether you are looking for the best green cleaning in Austin or the best deep cleaning in Austin we have you covered.
4) Should I give out my key?
– Customers that have routine cleaning often give out their key. This makes it more convenient and is safer than leaving it under the floor mat. Keys, as with any of your personal information should always be treated with the upmost respect and integrity. Our trustworthy cleaning technicians are always happy to make your life more convenient. If you are looking to simply clean your house or are interested in office cleaning or business cleaning in Austin, look no further.
5) What is covered and what is extra?
Small Appliances Inside and Out
Baseboards (every Month)
Shower / Tub
Vacuum, Sweep, Mop
Wipe down of Blinds
Wipe Down of Ceiling Fans Blades
Tidying of Living Area
Fluffing of Pillows
Wipe down of all Hard Furniture and surfaces
Balconies (if applicable)
Glass door cleaning
Wipe down touch up of outside furniture when weather permits.
Extras would include
– Cleaning Large Appliances such as the fridge or oven
– Garage cleaning
– Power Washing
– Window Washing
– Laundry and Ironing
Extras can be added and done on the same day. Window cleaning technicians and power washing technicians are separate from the maids but are familiar with one another and will work together to complete the house in a timely manner that makes sure EVERYTHING stays clean because cleaning windows can be a dirty job…
Whatever you choose to do, check us out for a free quote. We are always happy to help as we promise to treat your house like our Castle because as long as you have us around, you always have it maid!